Sunday, September 28, 2008

FROM THE STAND

Been at my dads for the last few days doin a little deer huntin with a good friend of mine. There's something about being in a tree before daylight and watchin the sun come up over the tops of the young pine trees. Some folks would think it's insane gettin up early in the morning to go and sit in a deer stand and wait. Maybe a deer will come or maybe it won't. For me it's not just about the deer. Don't get me wrong I sure enjoy it when a deer makes its presence known but your missing the bigger picture if that's all you're thinkin of. It's about takin in the whole sceenary. The calm of the morning. The birds wakin up the woods with their song. The rabbit tryin to grab that last kerrnle of corn before it has to go into hiding. The way the early mornin rays of the sun feel as it peeks over the tops of the trees. The greatness of Gods creation and the detail of it all. It's better than anything you can find on TV and try as they may it can not be duplicated on any video game.
Along with this it's a great time to reflect on all the things that we take for granted and to discover how truely blessed we are. I have sat on a stand for three evening and morning hunts and each time I have thought of more and more ways that I am blessed. I have sent countless text messages to people I have not told lately that I am thankful for them bein in my life. I have prayed for folks that are goin through things in their lives and asked for the Lords protection and guidance over them and the decisions they have to make. I have also spent time askin the Lord to forgive me of the times that I have totally acted like an idiot. I am so thankful for HIS grace and mercy.
Truth is we have so much to be thankful for and we owe HIM so much! If we would just take time with HIM to listen to HIM we would see it and hear it and experience it! That's just my take on things. Hey and if I get lucky HE even gives me a chance to shoot a deer. But if not I will still thank HIM for the chance to be a part of HIS creation.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: