Tuesday, May 29, 2007

JUST LIKE DAYS GONE BY



Had a great oppurtunity to reconnect with and old friend of mine on Monday as well as get the chance to do something I haven't done in a while. My mother-in-law recently had to let her pool installer go and needed me to help put a pool in for her. This is what I did before coming on staff at HPC. Well one of the things that I looked forward to when building pools was the chance to hang out with one of the coolest good ole boys on the planet. Jack Hutchinson has been a good friend of mine for about 11 yrs. He is also one of the best ,if not the best, backhole operators there is. He has been diggin pools for about 21 yrs. and I will not use any one else when it comes to building a pool. He is one of those guys that would do anything in the world for you and not ask a single thing in return. His family is a one in a million also. I jump at the chance to just go and hang out with them anytime I can. He also has one of the finest places to live. A log home on about 300 acres full of deer and all other types of critters. Needless to say the only thing I didn't enjoy was when he left after diggin the hole was the fact that the easy part was done and the real work for us was just begining. It took myself ,Ronnie Douglas ,Eddie Guerra and Griff Lewis the rest of the day to finish the pool. By the time I got home I was drained and sore. Reminded me that I am getting older and that I also enjoy what I do now a whole lot more.

No comments: