Saturday, March 03, 2007

FOCUS

You probably can't really tell but there is a brite young man in the middle of this crowd picture holding a certificate. It is for making the A Honor Roll. The only one in his class! Yes that is my son and yes he does take after.......his mother. I was a very proud parent as I watched my son receive this award. It is something they do every six weeks at his school. It is a big deal to the students as well as the parents. Austin has brought his grades up every semester since being here and we couldn't be prouder of him. He is the man.
Now the other picture is of him in the back seat as I am driving him to school. I don't know if you can see it but he's playing his Gameboy that he got for his birthday. He doesn't hear a word I say and was oblivious to me taking this pic. I was about to tell him to shut it down because we were driving up to school but I noticed how focused he was. He was not to be distracted or swayed by anything. It's this type of focus that I believe the Lord wants us to have as we are about doing what He asks. If you lose focus you will lose site of the vision. If you lose site of the vision you will lose purpose. If you lose purpose you will eventually lose heart. If you lose heart it's over. To keep focus shave away the things that will distract you and stay close to those things that will feed what you are to be about. It will be a glorious day when the Lord presents you with the Crown of Life before all of heaven and we get to here them applaud.

No comments: