Thursday, May 08, 2008

HEAVY HEART


I just can't seem to get these images out of my mind. I am and avid news watcher and paper reader and there are some times that I read or watch the news and the stories get me but nothing like the last few days.
I have been keeping up with two events that have taken place within the last few days and they really have gripped me to point that I can't help but pray for them and ask for the touch of God to come upon them in a real and powerful way.
The cyclone that has devastated Myanmar has just been unreal. I have been checking out the videos and pictures on the various news reports and they just rock me. My heart really goes out to this country and all of the people that have been affected by this tragedy. I think of all of those who have died and the millions that are left to pick up the pieces and try to start over again. Lord send your Holy Spirit to comfort those that are hurting in this country.
The other story that still just makes no sense at all is closer to home. A young lady and her 3 year old son are murdered and her other two children are stabbed and left to die in a local park all because the father of two of the children didn't want to pay child support. The other thing in this that also makes no sense is that one of his accomplices was the girls cousin. How someone can murder another person and her child and tried to murder two other children is beyond me. We need a move of God in this world and it has to start with the church of God. People we need to pray like never before. If things like this happen and your heart is not grieved, I would strongly look inside and evaluate if the Spirit of God truly lives inside of you.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hey Timmy! It's your old friend, Lauren...I too am an avid news "junkie" and those 2 stories have torn up my heart...not to mention the story from Austria about the father who kept his daughter captive in a bunker under his house for 20+ years torturing her...All I know to do is to pray for the hand of God to intervene in the midst of such insanity. My prayer is that OUR generation will be able to make a difference now and that we will be able to bring up the NEXT generation to continue to fight "the battle" that rages on...God Bless!
Love ya,
Lauren =)

Anonymous said...

Bro. Timmy, Thanks for writing on this part of the world. Alot of the church has never heard of Myanmar or could not locate it on a map. This is the country that America's first missionary, Adoniram Judson, entered. He poured out his life for the Burmese and I believe that his prayers are yet to have fully seen their fulfillment there. My wife and I are preparing to become missionaries in this part of the world. We are heading to Northeast Thailand as soon as we can get everything sold! Keep us in your prayers if you think of us. We hope to visit Louisiana and see you guys at HPC before we head out.